Theresa Uncensored... Watch out world!

Friday, January 1, 2010

Hello World!

"I wonder if I've been changed in the night? Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I'm not the same, the next question is 'Who in the world am I?' Ah, that's the great puzzle!"
-Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

I have spent my time trying to transform myself into a peaceful being and along the way I derailed. I fell down a hole of lies where not offending anyone was my way to inner peace. I thought if everyone likes me, they will listen to what I have to say, and we can change the world together. Sunshine, glitter, unicorns, holding hands and all the delusions that go along with it. . . (What was I thinking?) The product was a sad, quiet and unsure Theresa. Luckily after many tries my best friend Roxanne was able to catch my lost soul and bring me back to my senses. I am still Theresa. I still want to promote a peaceful way of living. I am just a little more fearless, active, bold, and sassy about it! Sooo. . .

HELLO WORLD! My name is Theresa and I am here to love everything about you with an enduring passion. It will probably be a messy adventure full of skinned knees and awkward moments, but I am ready. First stop:

GHANA

My adventure begins in the beautiful nation of Ghana, and when I say beautiful I mean BEAUTIFUL! I hope to be able to do this country justice, through my posts, during the five months that I will be living there. I have been giving myself a crash course in Ghanian culture by reading every travel journal I can get my hands on. I am looking forward to the tight knit family structure, the dancing and of course a good game of futball. I have one week until I leave and I am scurrying around finalizing my packing and giving my last hugs before I go. This week will be a tour of all my favorite things before I depart on a 24 hour flight to Accra, Ghana.


Stay Tuned For Life's Next Commercial Break
~Tree

**This commercial brought to you by the undying support of Josh "pish posh" Athey and my fabulous family.

1 comment:

  1. Love you. I cried on the drive home. Let the adventure begin.

    ReplyDelete